Map to the Classic Center
The Classic Center does not allow any outside food or beverage in the venue.
If you decide to fly into Georgia, the closest airport to Athens with commercial traffic is Harsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). There are various ways to travel from ATL to The Classic Center:
- Travel by rental (Hertz, Avis, etc.). Drive time is 1.5 hours to Athens.
- Travel by Groome Transportation from ATL to Athens, with drop off at the UGA Georgia Center. The shuttle runs hourly from 5:40 AM to 12:40 AM. Travel time is 1.5 hours. Fares are $39 per person one way. The UGA Campus Transit System (www.transit.uga.edu) will get you from the UGA Georgia Center to within 4 blocks of the Classic Center. Reservations are required and can be made at www.groometransportation.com.
- Groome Transportation also offers group transportation at (706) 612-1155. For more information, visit http://athens.groometransportation.com/services-3/group-transportation/.
- Travel by Greyhound from ATL to Athens, with drop off about 3 blocks from the Classic Center. Only a couple trips are available each day (11:30 AM and 8:15 PM). Travel time is 1.5 hours. Fares start at $15 per person one way. Return trips start from Athens at 11:45 AM and 9:20 PM. For more information, visit www.greyhound.com.
- Travel by Megabus is not recommended. They have a terrible reputation for being hours behind schedule.
If you found another mode of transportation that works, please share it with us!
Athens provides a wide variety of hotels nearby for guests to reserve. Visit the Lodging page for more information on special team and volunteer rates.
Electric Vehicle Charging
The Classic Center offers a DC Fast Charging station which patrons can use in 30 minute intervals. Cost is $9/hour. Those who wish to use this charging station will need a Greenlots account and the Greenlots app. Cars not charging or that have completed charging are subject to being towed, so it’s a good idea to stay with your car while charging.
More information to come!
There are dozens of restaurants within walking distance of the venue.